Endodontic Specialist

When your general dentist makes a diagnosis that your tooth needs a root canal treatment, there are many factors to consider if a referral to an endodontist should be made. If a referral is needed and the patient is in extreme pain, often times a procedure known as “open and med” may be performed by the general dentist. The nerve is removed and the canal is medicated, alleviating pain until a specialist completes the treatment.

Here is a list of considerations for a referral to a specialist:

  • Degree of difficulty of treatment
  • Is there an extreme inclination or rotation of the tooth?
  • Curvature of the tooth root and canal

Read more: https://www.zakdental.com/endodontic-specialist/

Author: admin

Share This Post On